[Advaita-l] Interpreting "abhEda" shruti sentences

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Sun Jun 8 23:40:51 CDT 2003

praNAm Jay prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I'd like to bring it to your kind notice that you've given us various
examples to say that *abhEda* shrutis can be interpreted differently &
bhEda shrutis always carry ONE & ONLY meaning.  I am wondering does it make
any sense,  if I ask you shruti pramANa rather prasthana trayi quotes for
senators, bears, lions etc.etc. that you referred in your examples.    You
have simply quoted various analogies from your day-to-day *experience*
which are feasible enough to substante your claims.   JUST LIKE THAT you
have to treat adhyAsa bhAshya of shankar.   Sri Shankara's adhyAsa bhAShya
is *anubhavagamya*  If you want to establish adhyAsa from shruti quotes
then *adhyAsa* itself become separate vAda apart from *brahma Ekatva vAda*
is it not prabhuji?  ShAstra pramANya is to establish brahman not avidya.
But avidya is there in your experience right from *ahakAra vrutti*.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar