[Advaita-l] adhyAsa - IX

Jay Nelamangala jay at r-c-i.com
Fri Jun 6 12:22:27 CDT 2003

Dear Bhaskar prabhujI,

I am really glad that you wrote this reply.  You know why?

The common complaint that I hear is that dvaitins do not
understand adhyAsa properly.   So the series on adhyAsa
so far has been presented as it is found in advaita works such
as vivaraNa pramEya sangraha, and as understood by us.

Scholars from each school of thought write independent works
just presenting the other school of thought.   In dvaita school,
there is a work called "bhAtta-sangraha"  on poorva-mImAmsA
written by none other than Sri RAghavEndra tiirtha of mantrAlaya.
It presents poorva-mImAmsA as poorva-mImAmsA is.  Of course,
the correctness of poorva-mImAmsA is discussed elsewhere.

So, if you don't find much new in those emails,  it is good news
for me,  because I am just presenting how 'we' understand 'your'
adhyAsa.   Looks like we are on the same page then.

The series  should get more interesting soon.