[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 2, Issue 9

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 20:25:45 CDT 2003

>Because,  SriKrishna is explicitly saying "mAm".  so, how can anyone take
>avyakta to be prakrti in 7.24 ?.   So, in 7.24 it refers to Sri Krishna
>only.
>
>"avyakta nidhanAnyEva tatra kA paridEvanA".
>Here avyakta neither refers to SriKrishna nor to chit-prakrti,  but only to
>jeevas.
>Whoever told you that  'avyakta' always should refer to chit-prakrti only?

Nobody. Rather, my stance is that YOU are wrong in taking avyakta as prakRti
(or as you call it, cit-prakRti, whatever that may mean - we advaitin-s
don't use that term) in verse 12.1.

>Pl. do not argue with me for the sake of arguing.

Am I?

>With all the shAstraic knowledge that you have,  I am sure you knew this
>one.
>With all the advaita knowledge you know,  probably you are also aware
>of the fact that,  Geetha  probably is the most difficult one to interpret
>from an advaita standpoint.

Please! What is that supposed to mean?

As far as I am concerned, gItA is advaitAmRtavarshiNI.

Finally, even if you take avyakta in 12.1 as SrI tattva, how does that imply
that brahma in verses 14.26-27 refer to mahAlakshmI? After all, in 14.26,
Krishna again says, "mAM".

Vidyasankar