[Advaita-l] Causal Body

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 20:04:07 CDT 2003

>But in knowledge-A,  the truth may be determined at the present time,
>but there is no guarantee that the knowledge-A will not be sublated
>at a future time.

Not so. The guarantee that knowledge-A is always true is determined for
sAkshI-A by SAstra. As sureSvara puts it, "bodhAtma-vyatirekeNa na paSyati
cid anvayAt". As SAstra itself puts it, "yatra tv asya sarvam AtmaivAbhUt,
tat kena kaM paSyet ... ..."

So, no sublation of knowledge-A at a future time. If there is someone who
thinks he had brahman knowledge at some point of time, which later got
sublated, then the problem is merely that he has not really had pUrNa bodha.
He has mistaken some vision as brahman knowledge. For those who have the
certitude of knowledge-A, the question of sublation at a later time does not
arise.

Vidyasankar

ps. Nice try, using labels -A and -D, but I'm not buying it.