Chanting of the name/Book Details

Rolando Santos sivadancer at YAHOO.COM
Fri Feb 7 12:56:30 CST 2003

Namaste,

I recently acquired this book and I was hoping if any member could give some
general pointers on how the samkhya philosophy is consonant with Advaita or
how it differs. My main stumbling block is that Yogacharya keeps terming
"Self" as "Purusha." My understanding of "Purusha" is that it is the twelfth
tattva (soul) and is covered up by the five tattvas of rAga, vidyA, kalA,
niyati, kAla, and mAyA. Is this in line with Advaita?

AUM
Rolando