[Advaita-l] Contradictions between Shankara and his disciples

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 29 13:32:53 CST 2003

--- S Jayanarayanan <sjayana at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Your position is: plurality is perceived by the jIvanmukta (JM), but
> he
> doesn't accept the plurality as a reality.
>
> I feel: the JM doesn't perceive plurality at all in the first place.
> Why? Because perception of plurality is a mental cognition, and the JM
> has attained the state of manonAsha, where there is no mind and
> therefore no mental cognition.

Karthik - I donot think that is true.  Is Shankara realized soul or not.
  Does he communicate with words and thoughts or not. Mind is nothing
but thought flow. For JN what is lost is the notinal mind with all
misconceptions.  The objective mind and the body and intellect stays as
equipments.  Otherwise we will not have any adviatic teacher left -
remember sotriyam brahma nishhTam!

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Kartik

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.