[Advaita-l] ADMIN: New member introduction: Jurek

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 12:42:17 CST 2003

harih Om !!

Sri Jurek !!

I understand your problem clearly as I went through a
similar situation two years ago, until I listened to
lectures of Swami Dayananda of Arsha Vidya Gurukulam.
The message I got was that we must understand the
'Whole' before we can understand the 'parts' fully.
So, once the vision of 'Purna Brahman' is grasped, and
(then) when you try to see the meaning of 'That Thou
Art', you will be compelled to see that 'You' are
'PurnaH'. So, 'You' are that 'Brahman'. In Sanskrit
'aham' simply means 'I'. As we know there is only one
'I', whoever says it.  The nature/expression/vritti of
mind is 'ahamkAra'. So, this aham + kAra have to be
separated by knowledge and understand that 'kara' or
'kartrutvam' does not belong to 'aham' and it belongs
to the mind.

I think the best place to read and understand this
nature of 'aham' is 'upadESa sAhasrI'.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna
--- Vidyasankar Sundaresan <svidyasankar at hotmail.com>