[Advaita-l] Spiritual Study Guidance

Min min at nwlink.com
Sun Aug 24 15:09:53 CDT 2003

As a relatively recent seeker in Advaita Vedanta,
I find that I need to post the following for both
my own and other non-Sanskrit reading aspirants:

1. What are your suggestions for the study of
translations and commentaries of the Upanishads?
2. What are your suggestions for the study of
translations and commentaries of the Gita?
3. What are your suggestions for the study of
translations and commentaries of anyone (in
addition to Sankara) who has ever written? What
order should these be studied in?
4. What are your suggestions for the study of
translations and commentaries of any spiritual
leaders of the past 150 years? What order should
these be studied in?
5. What are your suggestions for the study
commentaries on living a spiritual life in
Vedanta? What order should these be studied in?

If you would add any explanatory comments to your
recommendations, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, this newsgroup seems far above my level of
understanding. Are there any other newsgroups that
are more for beginners or intermediates?

Many thanks.

Min