Creation theories (was Re: What is the exact meaning/significance of this?)

kalyan chakravarthy kalyan_kc at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 24 18:52:52 CDT 2003

Namaskaaram,

>How does the ajaatavAda  account the existence of pot  now and its
>absence before or after. If it accounts as apparent but not real then in
>what way the vAda differs from any other advaitic theory of creation -
>where the creator is defined by yatova imaani ....

Sri Vidyasankar has answered a similar question from me. ajAti vAda is valid
only in the paramArthik viewpoint. There are other theories which are valid
from a vyavahArik viewpoint. My personal experience with advaita is that one
must not mix up or get confused between these two viewpoints. Most of the
criticism against advaita arises because the critic falls into such a
confusion. Consider this - If someone asks, "If Brahman is the only reality,
then what is the entity which is being affected by avidya?" First note that
as Brahman is the only reality, there is no avidya in the first place. This
is the paramArthik viewpoint. But any talk of avidya is valid only in the
vyavahArik sense. Thus the question is mixing up the two viewpoints.
Similarly ajAti vAda is the paramArthik viewpoint. It should not be mixed up
with existence or non-existence of a pot, which is the vyavahArik viewpoint.

Just added some of my points. Sri Vidyasankar of course is the best person
who can clarify your doubt.

Best Regards
Kalyan