Dharmic questions

Tue Apr 22 23:35:27 CDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, kalyan chakravarthy wrote:

> Actually this is happening because many of the swamijis want to market
> vedanta to a western/westernized audience. But I feel, why bother about the
> west? If they(westerners) want to love/hate/learn vedanta that is their
> problem. Why should anyone try to market vedanta in the west?

Who is Western or Eastern nowadays?  We are discussing Vedanta in English
on that "Western" invention called the Internet.  I think "east-west" is
one of those false dualities we need to dispel.

All I know is if you think a seeker is genuine and sincere, you owe them
the courtesy of telling the truth.  Maybe they won't be able to handle it
but it is patronizing and condescending to water things down because you
just assume they can't handle the real thing.