soma

Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM
Wed Sep 18 19:58:23 CDT 2002

> The great kAlidAsa expresses the relationship between
> shiva and umA beautifully as vAgarthAv-iva
> saMpR^iktau. The relationship between vAch and artha
> is very important and Mahony has a beautiful
> discussion in his "The Artful Universe".

This reminds me of abhiraami andhaadhi (of Abhiraama Bhattar).
One of the verses begins as "sollum poruLum ena naDamaaDum".
People who are familiar with tamizh can co-relate the two phrases.

  -chandrasekaran.