Questions

Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM
Fri Sep 6 12:30:46 CDT 2002

Dear Ashish,
Still I think there is an unclarity.
I think it can get subjective to one's experience. But only one opinion can
be True in this matter. But anyway I will try again to present what I feel:

Since memory can't be independent of time, you can't have an imprint of
timelessness in the antakaraNa. But how do we realise that we were blacked-out or
in deep-sleep? It is because the intellect immediately comes to the fore upon
waking up and recognising the situation being different now from what it was
before, it cognizes the fact through extrapolation. It is not due to any memory
imprints. As I said in an earlier mail, antakaraNa is the medium on which imprints
are made. In its absence (as in deep-sleep or coma) there can't be imprints. Only
aid is intellect (aided by ever existing consciousness) upon waking.

But again, this doesn't in anyway disprove the presence of Brahman
in all states, in case you are holding on your opinion because
of the risk of refutation of this Truth.

Regards,
chandrasekaran.