Soma in Vedas

Jagannath Chatterjee jagchat01 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 5 23:27:25 CDT 2002

Dear Malolan,

You are right. Here soma refers to divine inebriation.
Many sadhaks have reported this stage which resembles
outwardly the drunken stupor. It is a very high stage
in sadhana. I have only read about the existence of
such a state but do not know any details. Can anyone
help?

And Srikrishnaji, Turiya means the fourth stage beyond
Tamas, rajas and sattwa, is it not?

Regards
Jagannath