Indra and Vrtra

ravi chandrasekhara vadhula at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 30 16:30:30 CST 2002

Dear list Members,

What is "wrong" with accepting that Vaiwasvata
Manvantar began 120 million yeras ago.  I dont think
anyone can "prove" or "not prove" humans existed then.
 There have been so many changes throghout the aeons
of time.  Sri Chandrashekarendra Saraswati (former
Kanchi Shankaracharya) in Hindu Dharma has made
references to events occurring "millions" of years
ago.  Swami Prakashanand Saraswati in his book The
True Religion and History of India has given a list of
events that occurred millions of years ago.  In
addition many events took place as celestial events
rather than terrestrial.  Our shastras tend to give
more weight to divine events and moral lessons behind
events than exact dates but that doesnt mean the
events are false or did not happen millions of years
ago.

Ravi Chandrasekhara MD

http://www.braincells.com/shailaja/