darbha

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 9 19:35:06 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

--- Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM wrote:
> > He prayed to Lord Vishnu and Lord Vishnu entered
> in
> > subtle form into the Vajra of Indra (which was
> made of
> > the bones of Dadhichi). Maha Maya entered into the
> > foam of the waters,foam being not dry or wet. The
> foam
> > covered the Vajra. When struck by such a Vajra,
> Vritra
> > was killed.
> >
> > For this treachery of cheating and killing a
> friend
> > Indra spent a long long time in the stem of a
> lotus in
> > the Manasa lake. The story continues .....
> >

>   If killing Vr~tra was indeed treachery and a
> misdeed
> why then Devi, Vishnu willingly helped Indra in
> perpetrating
> the crime?
>   What is the subtle meaning behind this story?

This is an interesting question. But, I do not know if
there is any subtle meaning for all the accounts of
the Purana apart from being accounts of the past.

I forget now, there is some background for this Vritra
also in his previous births. I will read that portion
and also the portion I narrated already and come back
to you.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna