Fake Sankaracharya

Jagannathan Mahadevan jagan at CCWF.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Wed Nov 20 13:44:43 CST 2002

I think Jagannath's mail is ambiguous as he has himself put it. I don't
understand what exactly he means by "present problems in leading a vedic
life".

Although the Sankara Mata's were primarily established for disseminating the
scriptural (Vedic) knowledge as per Adi Sankara, they, in addition to
spreading the scriptural knowledge also have participated in other
beneficial activities like the Sankara Netralaya in Chennai.

I think most Sankara Matas and the leading Swami's are doing their bit. I
feel it may not correct to judge the entire Sankaracharyas based on ones
personal observations of society which statistically speaking is biased. I don't
know about the alleged misrepresentation of quoted (in context of this thread)
Sankaracharya of Puri.

I also feel it is correct to say that being a stickler to
rituals alone and no explanation of those rituals to younger generation
may not find acceptance. I don't know if thats what Jagannatha Chatterjee
mean't.

Jagannathan.