Cause of Creation

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at YAHOO.COM
Wed Nov 13 13:47:04 CST 2002

--- Vidyasankar <vsundaresan at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 04:50:33 -0800, kuntimaddi sadananda
> <kuntimaddisada at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
>
>. We
> do not have to come up with a new criterion for validity, namely
> one's
> ability to cross-check the reference.
>
> Vidyasankar

Vidya you are right. My statement comes from my scientific background
of citation of the references rather than validation as a pramaaNa.
If non-negatable knowledge is pramaa, and when it comes to shabda
that which cannot be independently at least confirmed, can be
questionable at best if it is a valid pramaaNa. Of course, I agree
with you (in principle) since that part is not included in the
definition of a pramaaNa.

 Brahman not being upaadana karaana still remains as part of the
dvaita theory, though.

Regards
Sadananda

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.