Concept of personal God and Advaita

Stephanie Stean cerebral_rose at MAC.COM
Wed May 22 19:24:32 CDT 2002

Hello:

I'm unsure of your intent with this comment.

>"Special" Experiences are not a means of knowledge of Self according to
> traditional view point.
> True realization is to know that there is only Self in every experience
> (mundane and special - ie., eating, walking, reading, writing and including
> samAdhi).

Before I reply, if you could clarify your posting and what you wanted to
communicate.  Thank you.

And Ashish, to answer your question:

Let me begin by saying that I don't practice or belong to any faith or
religion.  I do not want to give you the wrong idea about myself.  As I said
before, I read to see the knowledge and understanding of others.  I joined
this list to learn more about advaita.  I've only recently become familiar
with this term.

As for describing the experiences: I have no words.  I hoped others did, but
of course, that is not the case.  I do not consider myself to have "special
experiences."  I don't think having just special experience would give me
the knowledge I have and allow me to connect with the scriptures at the
depth that I do.
And as for liberation, I know I have not reached that point yet.  I have
just begun to stop doubting myself and truly explore what it happening.

I wish I could describe to you what I see.  It's even hard for me to write
this much.  I guess I continue reading in hopes that all will make sense to
me eventually.  I have no teacher, so most of my studies and exploration are
done on my own.  And this can be scary.

I'm sorry to not be able to explain more than that.

Thanks.

Stephanie