Concept of personal God and Advaita

Stephanie Stean cerebral_rose at MAC.COM
Wed May 22 06:43:30 CDT 2002

How is advaita divorced from all experience?  Advaita, non-duality, is a
form of experience.  Scriptural testimony is not necessary although it
serves as a guide for many.

I was reading Sankaracharya lat night (a work of his called Direct
Realization).  And his description of advaita is described in terms of
experience.

I agree with you, dvaita and visishtadvaita can be apprehended by every day
experience.
Advaita also is apprehdended by experience, but a different kind of
experience that is based upon knowledge and realization of the Reality of
the Phenomenal World and of Ultimate Reality.

Thanks and I look forward to your comments.
Steph