Kamakshi of Kanci

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 6 14:28:34 CDT 2002

> >> Somebody knows about the image of the Goddess at Kanci, called
> Kamakshi? her
> >> mythical or symbolic background and/or sources?
> >> thank you for any kind of information,
> >> Olivia
> >>

> See the site www.ambaa.org - it has a wealth of detail and is

Yes, ambaa.org has some articles and information on kAmAxI amman.

I should add -- at this point www.ambaa.org is out of date by more than
a year, as shrii Vishvarupaji who was actively maintaining it  has
other commitments to attend. Probably, we will start updating ambaa.org
later this year.

But members, can search the WWW site of ambaa-L
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ambaa-l/messages) or post their
questions there. In principle, anyone can post a message there (it will
come to me for moderation). Probably, I will fwd this question there.

Besides, there is a site called templenet.com which a wealth of
resources on different temples in India. For instance:

trilinga question

http://www.templenet.com/Andhra/draksha.html
http://www.templenet.com/Andhra/sailam.html
http://www.templenet.com/Andhra/kalahasti.html

(kAnchi mahAperiyavA also has a talk on trilinga xetram in Hindu Dharma
 where he point out that the land has the aspect Shiva and the language
telugu has the aspect of shakti)

related to kAmakshi temple

http://www.templenet.com/Tamilnadu/kamakshi.html
http://www.hindubooks.org/temples/tamilnadu/kancheepuram/page23.htm

=====
ambaaL daasan

Ravi

sharaNAgata raxakI nivEyani sadA ninnu nammiti mInAxI

http://www.ambaa.org/  http://www.advaita-vedanta.org