Bhakti yoga

Naresh P. Cuntoor cuntoor at GLUE.UMD.EDU
Wed Jun 5 09:28:03 CDT 2002

> 1)  Could you direct me to where/ which text Sankara discussed bhakti yoga
> (If he did)?

Bhaja Govindam is one place where Sri Shankara talks about the bhakti
mArga.. I think the text is on the advaita homepage.

> 2)  If bhakti only refers to devotion towards a personal god, then what is
> the Sanskrit term to describe devotion to Brahman (Ultimate Reality)?

When one talks about devotion, isn't there an implicit dualism
there? One might say, "I am devoted to my work" or "I am devoted to
rAma" but one doesn't say "I am devoted to myself."
Perhaps the list members can elaborate..

-Naresh