"Jagat satya!"

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 29 17:55:01 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

Any way the ISKCON followers have done enough harm in
the name of their spiritual philosophy. (leaving aside
who is right or who is wrong)

While, I personally, like their fervant appeal to
devotion, (which can cure human imperfections, remove
egotistic tendencies, and lead to better mode of
living) to which Advaita is not against, their
inability to treat others' viewes with respect,
(whether it be right or wrong) is itself a greater
harm to the society.

The following lines at the end of the referred e-mail
posting is interesting:

"After Acharya
Shankara  established  the  position  of  the  Vedic
Scriptures  as the highest
authority,  Madhvacharya  established  the  point
that  the  living  entity  is
different from the Super Soul. Later, Lord Chaitanya
revealed the complete Truth
by  way  of His achinthya bedhabedha tattva that, the
two are simultaneously and
inconceivably   one   as  well  as  different.  This
means  that  the  two  are
quantitatively different though they are qualitatively
one."

Specially the lat sentence, "This  means  that  the
two  are
quantitatively different though they are qualitatively
one."

This sounds more Advaitic to me.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna