"Jagat Satya!"

Jagannath Chatterjee jagchat01 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 24 00:02:22 CDT 2002

 Dear Sankaranji/Ashisji,

 The "santana bhava" of Sri Ramakrishna was to
 counter
 the "veera bhava" and the attendant ills that
 permeated tantric Bengal in His times.

 The sadhu Sri Ramakrishna met on the river bank was
 Sri Trailanga Swami an advaitin from Telengana who
 settled at Kashi.

 I referred to Swami Vivekananda as a reformer of
 vedanta philosophy in the sense that his views
 differed from the early teachers. An interesting
 anecdote here. After Swamiji's lectures at a venue
 the audience was led to ask "But Swami,the
Masters    did
 not teach this!". Pat came the stunning reply,
 "These
 aspects were left for me to discuss. I am the chosen
 one!".

 Yours sincerely

 Jagannath