avatar and GYAnI (was Re: "Jagat satya!")

Swarna Venkateswara Swamy truthseeker123x at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 22 11:53:33 CDT 2002

Hari Om. Avatar means to descend. The Supreme Gods
(Mahadevas they are called, Brahma, Vishnu and Siva),
especially Sri Vishnu (since it was His job to protect
and maintain) took many shapes and forms on several
occasions to carry out some specific tasks. Some
Avatars finished their jobs quickly and went back to
the plane from where the Deva came. Some left behind
their Archa Vigrahas to enable devotees to worship
them and thus enable the devotees to tap the power.

A gyani may or may not have any power, esp. the power
to control elements etc., since gyani's main aim is to
go beyond such traps. Yoga or tapas may give one a lot
of power (even Rakshasas got lot of power by their
tapas), but whether it gives gyan is a big question.

Hari Om.

Swarna Venkateswara Swamy