Advaita terminology

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jan 27 19:20:03 CST 2002

Hari Om!

I am aware that there is scope for confusion in the
sentence I have copied from Advaita Bodha Deepika,
because of punctuation. But, I did not want to change
the original. The objective was to communicate that it
is the Subtle Body which undergoes transmigration.
Here is the corrected version:

>From Advaita Bodha Deepika. Chapter # 3 'Hearing' Page
# 55:

The subtle body is the internal organ (antahkarana
well known as the MIND, which functions as the
"I"-mode and 'this'-mode) together with the five vital
airs, the five senses and the five organs and limbs.
It transmigrates to other bodies or worlds; always
remaining within a gross body it experiences pleasures
and pains.

As we all know the five pranas are Prana, Apana,
Vyana, Udana, Samana. There is no connection to "Vayu"
here. Vayu is part of the five fundamental elements.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna