Sri Nanda Chandran's Question

nanda chandran vpcnk at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 1 23:30:43 CST 2002

>Now I think I understand what you are trying to say.

I'm glad - because the distinction is very subtle and can be understood only
by the knowledgable.

>What can a word reveal?  It can only reveal the following:

That's the reason I wrote the small post yesterday on the relevance of the
intellect in spirituality. Sure, intellect by itself cannot reveal the Atman
because of its objective nature - but still it is the only tool we have. The
greater our understanding of our psycho/physical faculties, the greater our
knowledge of what the Atman isn't. With the knowledge of what the Atman
isn't, we develop an accurate *conception* of what the Atman is (the
anti-thesis of that which isn't the Atman) - then you clearly know what
you're lookin for and thus the goal becomes easier to achieve. So intellect
is very vital to structure the best path to liberation.