Ritual purity (tamil maDi)

MSR miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 19 13:16:07 CDT 2002

Ritual purity is an important and a very complex subject. In US, the
carpet in your home will be the first destroyer of maDi.  Personally, I
would not worry about it. In this case, you should see the spirit
behind the practice than the actual observance. As long as you create a
proper environment for worship and meditation, that is all matters.
Often, lack of cleanliness in the mind harms the environment than that
of the body. Tamil Saint vaLLuvar prescribes a nice rule for both.

External purity is achieved using water and inner purity by speaking
truth. (puRanthuuymai niiraan amaiyum - akanthuuymai vaaymaaR
kaaNappaDum).

My 2c.

--- "Subrahmanian, Sundararaman V [IT]"

=====