shrAvapaurNamI pUrvastha shukravArE cArumatIprabrtibhih pUjit AkArE

Subrahmanian, Sundararaman V [IT] sundararaman.v.subrahmanian at CITIGROUP.COM
Fri Aug 16 16:13:39 CDT 2002

What are the rules governing the use of silk-dhoti?  I remember that if you
did certain things the silk-dhoti loses its sanctity (maDi).  What are they?
One is sleeping with the silk-dhoti.  Today morning I performed the
Varalakshmi Vratam.  The silk-dhoti touched couple of other old clothes.  We
live in a very small apartment and it is difficult to move around without
coming into contact with something or the other.  The apartment is also
carpeted.

I would like to know the rules of the silk-dhoti (paTTu).

Regards,
SVS