Powers of a Jnani

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 16 14:10:46 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

--- Jagannath Chatterjee <jagchat01 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> I think now you can ascertain the real status of the
> many so called gurus that haunt this world. Beware
> of
> a guru who displays his powers to attract devotees.

I think, you are taking a pessimistic view of the
world. What is wrong if an act of 'miracle' (at an
ordinary human level) is performed by the Guru to
bless the devotee ? Can you say the same thing to Sri
Sankara by whose grace Sri Trotaka sang his first
Hymns ? Do you condemn this in a similar tone ? We
know many such incidents. Why beware ???? If it is to
attract devotees and mold them to a divine path, do
you condemn it ??

> It is not that the brahmavid cannot/should not use
> his
> powers but the intent is only best known to him
> because as a brahmavid he is beyond the thought
> process of an ordinary jiva.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna