The importance of sampradaya

Wed Apr 24 21:54:49 CDT 2002

[was Re: New member introduction: B. Sandeep ]

> Being a smarta myself (I don't
> know how politically correct this sounds, but I don't think it makes a
> difference),

The difference it makes is sociological not philosophical.  Ideas cannot
propogate themselves, they need people to carry them on.  To be a Smarta
is to be part of that community dedicated to preserving the authentic
Vedic teachings as explained by Shankaracharya.  Sure other people can
get involved but it is our special mission and regardless of when
"tourists" come and go, we will remain to keep this tradition alive.