$)CRe: Re: Shankaracharya on Ramana Maharshi

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 15 15:29:53 CDT 2002

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 14:10:44 +0530, $)CHemant <reachhemant at ETH.NET> wrote:

>Only one remark
>Kashmir Shaivism treats the world as absolutely real and never mithya as in
>SAnkara advaita.
>
>Hemant

Namaste,

What does absolutely real mean ? "World exists out there, independent
of me, the observer" is an hypothesis that can never be proved.

Talking about advaita as is commonly understood, there is a tendency
to reject the world. Is this not somewhat surprising ?

Consider the personalities that we adore : Shri Krishna, Bhagvan Rudra,
Bhagvan Vishnu. They have not rejected the world. Everything known about
them seems to suggest that they strive to understand the world instead
of rejecting it. Ofcourse they understand the world in the advaitic way:
"universe in me" and not "I in the universe".

Best regards
Shrinivas Gadkari