Study of Vedas

Ashish Chandra ramkisno at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 11 15:16:22 CDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:40:43 -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas
<jaldhar at BRAINCELLS.COM> wrote:

>I can virtually guarantee to you that if you try and go from 500 years of
>neglect to Maharshi in one generation you will fail.  This is the same
>mistake all the other Vedic revivalist movements made.  It may well
>actually take another 500 years to get back to that level.  What you
>should aim for is forward movement.  If your knowledge and practice can be
>better than your parents generation, if you can lay a foundation so your
>childrens knowledge and practice will be better than yours then you have
>done your duty.

That is what I was doubting i.e. can swadharma and following the lead of
your ancestors the same or do they differ, as they most certainly do in my
case. Swami Chandrashekharendra Sarasvatiji teaches through his book that
we must follow the dharma of our ancestors. So I was just thinking that
since Vedas have not been studied in my line for quite some time, has my
swadharma changed. Of course, if one takes the view that those who deviated
from their swadharma in the past erred in doing so (or were pushed into
giving up their swadharma), can it be said that those errors can be
corrcted now?

ashish