parents and marriage

swamy swarna swamyswarna at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 4 11:42:18 CST 2002

hari om. Shri sadananda has correctly clarified the
limitation of the sphere of influene of each law. What
is a law or a rule for the benefit of the society
should not be mixed up at the adhyatmic level. While
all the matter is made up of electrons, protons and
neutrons, different combinations of them do have
diferent properties in the physical realm and we have
to abide by those laws in that realm.

Sagotra was prohibited only from the genetic point of
view, though that word was not used by the ancient
rishis.

And laws regarding marriage and incest etc., were made
by society for preserving peace and tranquility.
Suddenly if all the people in the whole known world
were to perish except for two, one male and one
female, I would certainly advocate that they forget
all the rules of marriage etc. and breed as many
children as possible and encourage inbreeding between
them till a sizable community develops.

Pl. forgive me if I have shocked the sensibility of
any reader. We are discussing theoretical and
philosophical questions. In practice, one has to
follow the social rules and regulations.

swamy sv

--- kuntimaddi sadananda <kuntimaddisada at YAHOO.COM>