vivaraNa on yoga sutra bhAShya

miinalochanii paashamochanii miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Sat Sep 29 12:35:25 CDT 2001

I received the following mail sometime back. This text is attributed to
shankara. Earlier only a translation of this was available from Trevor
Leggett (very pricey, over 200 USD). Now there is an inexpensive
edition of this text by Prof. Rukmani and it has the original text of
both the vivaraNa and the bhAshhya with English translation.

You can look at Prof. TS Rukmani's CV at

http://artsandscience.concordia.ca/religion/Rukmanicv.html

Ravi

--- Books & Periodicals Agency <bpage at id.eth.net> wrote:
> From: "Books & Periodicals Agency" <bpage at id.eth.net>
>
>  Some New Arrivals on SANSKRIT at
> http://www.bpagency.com/pages/Sanskrit.htm are as under:-
>
> 1 YOGASUTRABHASAYAVIVARANA OF SANKARA VIVARANA TEXT WITH ENGLISH
> TRANSLATION AND CRITICAL NOTES ALONG WITH TEXT AND ENGLISH
> TRANSLATION OF PATANJALI'S YOGASUTRAS AND VYASABHASYA  - 2 VOLS. /
> Rukmani, T.S.-- 2001
> Vol. 1 : pp. xxx + 392, Vol 2 : pp. x + 230, Appendix, Biblio.,
> Index, Size 25cm. SET.
> ISBN: ISBN:8121509084
> $ 43.75 BP-18756

=====
ambaaL daasan

Ravi

sharaNAgata raxakI nivEyani sadA ninnu nammiti mInAxI

http://www.ambaa.org/  http://www.advaita-vedanta.org

http://phone.yahoo.com