namaH shivAyai cha namaH shivAya

miinalochanii paashamochanii miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 27 09:19:38 CDT 2001

AUM shivAbhyAnnamaH

This comes in ardhanArishvara stotram. I posted an translation of this
to ambaa-L as well as advaita-L.  This is text by shankara and it is in
the 1st volume of collected works.

http://www.ambaa.org/stotrams/ardhanari.htm

Later I found a better translation by svAmi shivAnanda at

http://www.svbf.org/sringeri/journal/vol2no1/index.html

Hope this helps. Officially I have taken permission to post what is in
the journal paramArtha tattvam  to advaita-L. Only requirements are we
should cite the URL and not change the material (except formatting it
for text email). But since I have little time, I am not doing that.

Ravi

--- "S. V. Subrahmanian" <svsubrahmanian at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> > namaH shivAyai cha namaH shivAya
> >
> > Ravi
>
> Dear Sri Ravi,
>
> I found this in your signature in the thread titled "Do we belong..."
> (something like that).
>
> Where does this mantra occur?  I mean in which text?

> Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com

=====
ambaaL daasan

Ravi

sharaNAgata raxakI nivEyani sadA ninnu nammiti mInAxI

http://www.ambaa.org/  http://www.advaita-vedanta.org