ADMIN: *sigh* Mail problems again?

Subrahmanian, Sundararaman V [IT] sundararaman.v.subrahmanian at SSMB.COM
Thu Sep 13 15:38:51 CDT 2001

I don't know if it is a general question or if it is a reference to the
World Trade Center disaster.

If it is the latter I can speak for myself.

I (used to) work in 7 World Trade Center which was the 3rd building that
collapsed completely.  We are currently trying to frantically retrieve our
records/programs from backups and what not.  But all my friends and
colleagues are fine.  It still seems like a dream - so much of destruction!

Looking back, I was wondering as to how many times I remembered Ishvara
while I was witnessing the tower fall.  Not once and I feel inadequate about
it.  Srimad Bhagavatam says that if one were to remember Ishvara at the time
of trouble His help will reach him for sure.  Even though I pray regularly,
discuss scriptures frequently, at the moment of trial I forgot Ishvara.  I
instintively relied only on human effort (I didn't need much of that either
as I was a distant witness - many blocks away in the city).

Shame on me.  I guess I don't have any moral right to talk about
spirituality anymore.

Regards,
SVS.