Nature of Reality

Aniruddhan ani at EE.WASHINGTON.EDU
Fri Oct 5 14:27:51 CDT 2001

namaste,

>>        Or, if you look at the kosha theory used in
>>the upanishads, the brain being a physical organ is in
>>the annamaya kosha. But the mind is subtler than the
>>body or the prANa and hence it is in the separate
>>manomaya kosha.
>>        I hope this clarifies things.

It sure does! Thanks for the clarification. I was wondering whether the
purpose of finding an overlap between science and vedas is for finding any
historical information about the scientific knowledge of the vedic people,
and if so how justified we would be to approach the vedas for this.

Aniruddhan

Sruti smRti purANAnAm Alayam karuNAlayam
namAmi bhagavatpAdaM Sam.karam lokaSam.karam