Nature of Reality

Raghavendra Hebbalalu hs_raghavendra at YAHOO.COM
Fri Oct 5 11:54:28 CDT 2001

namaH sarvebhyaH,
        What Shrinivas said makes sense. Consciousness
is something that illuminates the mind and is beyond
it. Since my body is external to me (and my mind too)
and the brain is in our body, it is right to say the
brain or the concept of the brain is in the mind
rather than the other way round.
        Or, if you look at the kosha theory used in
the upanishads, the brain being a physical organ is in
the annamaya kosha. But the mind is subtler than the
body or the prANa and hence it is in the separate
manomaya kosha.
        I hope this clarifies things.
Regards,
Raghavendra.