prabhoda chandrodaya nataka

nanda chandran vpcnk at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 8 11:28:27 CST 2001

>A search of the New York Public Library catalog only showed editions from
>the 19th century.

Funny - I've seen a good english translation there.

>Swami Madhusudan Saraswati also wrote an allegorical play called
>Krishnakutuhalam in which Bhakti _and_ Jnana are victorious. :-)  This was
>published as Sarasvati Bhavan Granthmala #127.

The distinction between bhakti and jnaana ultimately rests with self-effort
or surrender. But again even as per Shankara, in the ultimate sense
liberation is only due to grace - so ultimately surrender is inevitable. But
this surrender/bhakti should not be confused with what is commonly
understood as bhakti - as a way of saadhana using the body and mind.