Back in India

Anand Hudli anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 1 03:26:10 CDT 2001

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 19:16:01 +0200, Stig Lundgren <slu at CHELLO.SE> wrote:

>On 20th July, 2001, Anand Hudli wrote:
>
>One book I found very useful is Swami SachchidA-
>> nandendra SarasvatI's (in Kannada) on the GauDapAda kArikAs.
>
>Is this the book "Sri Gaudapada Hridaya", or is it another book?
>By the way, "Sri Gaudapada Hridaya" has been translated into
>English by D. B. Gangolli as "The Essential Gaudapada".

The book I referred to is a Kannada translation of the mANDUkya
upaniShad along with the GauDapAda kArikAs. It has a fairly long
introduction where the translator presents his arguments against
the erroneous conclusions regarding GauDapAda.

I haven't seen the GauDapAdaHR^idaya, but I can make an attempt
to locate and read it.

Anand