vAksavitrI ! vidyA.m shuddhA.m bhuddhi.m satvara.m cha dehimahyam (fwd)

elmec elmec at GIASBG01.VSNL.NET.IN
Fri Sep 29 14:32:39 CDT 2000

Hari Om

This ' vaak savitri ' shloka is the composition of the 33rd pontiff of Sringeri
samsthaanam, H.H.Sri Sri Sri Sachchidaananda shivaabhinava nrisimha bhaarathi
swamiji. There are eight verses in it as it is an ashtakam.

Thanks to Sri Aravinda Krishna for the beautiful translation and explanation.
This is one of my very favourite stotram.

Regards,
Latha Vidyaranya