Fwd: Feed Back on Brahmasuutra Notes

Rajesh Venkataraman rajesh_venk at YAHOO.COM
Tue Oct 10 14:21:38 CDT 2000

1. I have been studying the notes regularly  _X_ yes
 __ no.

2. I had previous background of Vedanta _X__ yes ___
no

3. I had previous background of Brahmasuutra _X___yes
___no

4. Clarity of the Notes _X__ Very Clear
                        ____ so -so
                        ____ not clear

5. Use of Sanskrit      __X__ Helpful for the notes
                        ____  obstructing the flow of
logic
                        ____ can be ignored and notes
is still clear

6. Sanskrit            ____ completely should be
excluded
                       _____ should be decreased to
help my study
                       ___X__   continue at the
current pace since it helps me to learn Sanskrit as
well.
                        _____ I enjoy the Sanskrit
part too.
7. I stopped reading the notes, because
                _____ I last interest
                ____  I don?t have time now, saving
it for later study
                ____  Sanskrit turned me off.  If
there is no Sanskrit I will start the study again.

8. The notes:           __X__ logically presented.
                        ____ logic is not clear
                        ____ too much emphasis on
logic

9.  The notes   ____ Too detailed
                __X__ detailed but helpful to
understand the logic
                ____ should be condensed to a bear
minimum
                ____ should be more detailed

10 The notes            ____ should be continued at
the same pace
                        ____ should be continued twice
a week
                        __X__ should be continued one
in two weeks
                        ____ should be discontinued

11. General comments -Please feel free to express them
-  about the contents, quality and problems and
suggestions for improvement.

I definitely do not have an in depth knowledge of BS
but only a superficial background. I am really
thrilled that I can get Swamiji's lectures(which I
have attended), at my desktop and with such clarity,
still being so far away. Your notes are making me
determined to learn more. Please continue the series.
I will try and participate(mostly ask questions as
that's what I can do now).

Hari Om!

Rajesh