Advaita

Ram Chandran ramvchandran at JUNO.COM
Fri May 26 08:35:44 CDT 2000

Hari Om;

Let me add some additional points regarding the terminology, Advaita.
Panini's Sanskrit grammatical structure is mathematically precise and has
been recognized most suitable for computer language structure.  For computer
computations, binary notations are critical and Sanskrit grammatical
structure has a built in (natural) binary notation.  Look the following
pairs of mutually exclusive words:

Dharma  -  Adharma
Satyam     -   Asatyam
Suddham  -  Asuddham
Nithi      -  Anithi
Nyayam   -  Anyayam
Dairyam   -  Adairyam
etc., etc.,

We can know everything that we want to know about Dharma by eliminating
‘Adharma' We can establish Dharma by abolishing Adharma and vice-versa
establish Adharma by not observing Dharma! The structure is mathematically
precise without any ambiguities.  A similar statement is possible with
respect to Satyam, Suddham, Nithi, Nyayam, Dairyam, etc.

Now let us get back to the word -  Advaitam.
The associated pair of words are: Dvaitam and Advaitam.  These two are
mutually exclusive terms and we eliminate Dvaitam then Advaitam is
established.  More effectively, if we establish Advaitam, we can eliminate
Dvaitam.   In conclusion, I believe that Advaitam is a better representation
than Ekatam.

Ram Chandran

Note: Panini's grammatical structure is well recognized by the scientists
who work in the area of Artificial Intelligence.  A number of journal
articles have referenced Panini' grammatical structure and its relevance for
computer algorithms.

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org