An Open Letter to All - Part-II

Vivek Anand Ganesan v_ganesan at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 12 14:19:59 CDT 2000

Hello :

  If this is not ISKCON propaganda, I don't know what is.

--- "ShrI Bhaskar Y.R."> wrote:
> It  is  not  that because the Vaishnavacharyas attacked
> the mayavada philosophy,
> they  did  not  respect  Sripada Shankaracharya. All
> great Vaishnavacharyas like
> Madhvacharya,  Ramanujacharya,  Vishnuswami,  Nimbarka
> and  in  the  end,  Lord
> Chaitanya,  had  always  offered the respects due to
> Sripada Shankaracharya, for
> all  of  Them  knew  that  Acharya  Shankara  was 'svayam
> Shankara' - Lord Shiva
> Himself.

  Oh, really! I think not.  Believe me, I have heard myself
the abuse that ISKCON-ites heap on Bhagavatpada.  It was a
complete shock to me because until then I thougth that all
Hindus respected Adi Shakara ( huh, ISKCON-ites are not
hindus, after all ).  If their acharyas respected Adi
Shankara, how come the current ISKCON-ites do not?

  BTW, despite all this abuse and rhetoric hurled at
advaita
and Adi Shankara, the advaitins that I have encountered
have
not responded in kind.  That should tell you that who truly
understands the concept of dignity and respect.  No more of
such facetious lies, please.

-Vivek.