shiva-aparAdha-xamApaNa-stotra - Conclusion

Anand Hudli anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 13 12:19:04 CST 2000

kiM vaa.anena dhanena vaajikaribhiH praaptena raajyena kiM
kiM vaa putrakalatramitrapashubhirdehena gehena kim.h |
GYaatvaitatkshaNabhaN^guraM sapadi re tyaajyaM mano duurataH
svaatmaarthaM guruvaakyato bhaja bhaja shriipaarvatiivallabham.h || 12||

What is the use of all this wealth, horses, elephants? What is the
use of even having a kingdom (ie. power and wealth)? What is the use
of having sons, wife, friends, animals, houses? What is the use of
the body? Knowing all this to be liable to perish in a moment, O mind,
renounce it from a distance immediately! In order to realize your Self,
follow the advise of the Guru and worship the Lord of PArvatI, Shankara.

aayurnashyati pashyataaM pratidinaM yaati kshayaM yauvanaM
pratyaayaanti gataaH punarna divasaaH kaalo jagadbhakshakaH |
lakshmiistoyataraN^gabhaN^gachapalaa vidyuchchalaM jiivitaM
tasmaanmaaM   sharaNaagataM sharaNada tvaM raksha rakshaadhunaa || 13||

Even as one is seeing it, day by day, life is being shortened and my youth
is being reduced! Days that are gone will never come back! Time is
devourer of the world! lakShmI (wealth) is wavering like the waves of
water (with crests and troughs). And life itself is uncertain and of
short duration like lightning. Therefore,  You who provide refuge to
those who approach You for refuge, protect me even now who have approached
You for refuge!

karacharaNakR^itaM vAkkAyajaM karmajaM vA
shravaNanayanajaM vA mAnasaM vAparAdham.h |
vihitamavihitaM vA saravametatxamasva
jaya jaya karuNAbdhe shrImahAdeva shambho || 14 ||

With my hands, legs, words, body, actions, by hearing, eyes, or even
in my mind alone, whether as part of an enjoined act or as a forbidden
act, whatever offense I have committed, forgive me! Victory be to You,
O Ocean of compassion! O MahAdeva ! O Shambhu!

 || iti shrImachchhaN^kara-bhagavatpAda-virachitaM shiva-aparAdha-
    xamApaNa-stotraM saMpUrNam.h ||

 Anand

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam