Question regarding Gaudapada Karika

Shrisha Rao shrao at NYX.NET
Wed Jun 28 10:36:13 CDT 2000

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Vishal Agarwal wrote:

> The following articles will of interest in this connection (they will lead
> to other articles of relevance)
>
> 1.      B. N. K. Sharma; “Still further light on the Gaudapada Karikas”; Review
> of Philosophy and Religion; vol. 4, no. 2, pg. 174-195; Poona, India; 1933

[*chomp*]

That's presenting only one side of the story.  I also have all the papers
cited, and they contain no references as commonly understood because they
are really the first modern writings on the subject.  T.M.P. Mahadevan
(`Gaudapada: A Study in Early Advaita') is also of interest, as also are
early writings by A. Venkatasubbiah and Y. Subrahmanya Sarma, and the
books by Vidhushekhara Bhattacharya and R.D. Karmarkar.  A recent book by
Thomas Wood also should be mentioned.  A more comprehensive bibliography
in this matter may be had from www.dvaita.org/list/list_21/msg00097.html
if so desired.

Regards,

Shrisha Rao