Question on Advaita (Women in Advaita Vedanta)

H.B.Dave hbd at DDIT.ERNET.IN
Tue Jul 25 02:51:00 CDT 2000

Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> first I shall address Vishals' comments:
>
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Vishal Agarwal wrote:
>
> > Advaita Vedanta is primarily a philosophical tradition and therefore does
> > not have an extensive discourse on men-women relationships.

In these exchange of mails I did not find the name of Gargi mentioned (or did I
miss it? If so, ignore this) As is well known, she was an accompalished .r.sikaa
who took leadership in arguing with yaaj~navalkya in Brih. Up. Should we not
mention her?
-- Himanshu

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam