iishaa vaasyaM ...

Vivek Anand Ganesan v_ganesan at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 21 13:47:43 CDT 2000

Hello all :

    I have a doubt in the meaning of "jagatyAm jagat".
I have hitherto understood it as "this and all the other
worlds" i.e. the various "worlds" created by the Lord ( the
number varies.  I have heard 3, 14 etc. ).

1.  What is the real meaning of "jagat"?

2.  What is the meaning in the above-mentioned context?
    How is it that one jagat is "change" while the other is
    the "world"?

Thanks in advance,

-Vivek.