Dvaita and advaita

Ravi Mayavaram msr at COMCO.COM
Tue Jul 11 11:05:39 CDT 2000

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, N.S.M.Ramkumar wrote:

> Namaskaram!
> It seems to me that, being a Dvatin is a safer course than to be Advaitin.
> For if Dvaita is the ultimate reality and we happen to believe in Advaita,
> then we will be subjected to "Eesha kopa"(Lords wrath). If Advaita is the
> ultimate reality and and we believe in Dvaita, there is no question of
> "Eesha Kopa" as there is no Eeshwara as such, other than himself.
>
> I request knowledgable members of the list, to let me know, whether
> following Dvaita is indded a risk-free course.

You are not safe then also. Path of spirituality should not be tread
with fear, but with the love for truth. Assuming now you choose dvaita
out of fear, tomorrow a Christian missionary will come and tell you "man
if you do not accept Jesus the Christ as your savior, you will burn in
hell". May be then you will think, Hinduism does not say anything like
that, so let me become a christian. And the day after a muslim may tell
you if do not accept Islam you will burn in hell. Now you have no choice
but to burn in hell, only thing is it could be a christian hell or a
muslim hell :-))

Do not bring the element of fear into religion, it is a western
attitude. Go forth only with the goal to find the truth. Your decision
should be based on  logical reasoning and intuitive experience.

BTW, your conception of iishwara makes HIM so mean. Even this will not
make HIM angry, because God is full of love and compassion.

AUM shriimatre namaH

Ravi

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam