advaita-siddhi 12 (Objection by opponent)

elmec elmec at GIASBG01.VSNL.NET.IN
Mon Feb 28 13:19:47 CST 2000

Sri Anand wrote :

> When
>  he wakes up there are neither the dream objects nor the negation
>  of those objects. But can the advaitin deny the fact that he had
>  experienced a dream in the first place?

I have a doubt here. When he wakes up - he wakes up to the reality of
Ekamevaadvitiiyam, isn't it ? In that state of  Brahman , who is there to
agree or disagree the fact that he had dreamt ? Is it not us the ajnaanis who
are talking this from the perspective of our ajnaana ?

> No. In that case, when
>  he wakes from the world-dream, although there will be Brahman, he
>  will also admit the experience of having "dreamed." This precisely
>  compromises the nonduality principle because we now have two
>  realities - Brahman and the fact that there was a "dream" which
>  has come to an end.

It is once again we who are talking, not the Jnaani. He is talking in our
ajnaana.

Regards,
Latha Vidyaranya